Should I Write a Book?

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Experts

I am an elitist. That is not to say that I believe that some people are fundamentally better than others, simply that some people are warranted greater influence over certain matters than others. To give you an example, a builder of 5 years experiences would have greater consideration take of his opinions on building, than say a chemist of 5 years. This is because of his expertise. Now in the field of chemistry, I would trust the chemist more than the builder. Everyone can follow my logic here, yes? Therefore, why not have and trust experts in other fields, such as politics.

There is a great example of the scientist David Nutt, who, to those of you who either don’t know or cant remember, was fired from his post because he told the government what they didn’t want to hear, that cannabis is in fact less harmful that alcohol, I know, its groundbreaking news, just makes you want to rip down the fabric of society and kill your neighbour doesn’t it (sarcasm). On a serious note, this is where experts were ignored. In politics there are few experts, and those who are do not have expertise in what society would consider meritable or universal areas. The manipulation of others, the twisting of words, the price of the soul, all these things that politicians make a art out of, and none of which help run a country.

And now, for my proposition, appoint more experts, and less political experts to the House of Lords, and give them greater power. As you can see now, I have a common format, I will probably break it next post, but there we have it, I make a point, explain it, link it to reality, and then give you a solution. Don’t you just wish I was your leader? (…sarcasm)

Beethoven is a MASTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment