Should I Write a Book?

Saturday 13 March 2010

No Readers...?

I feel some obligation to write another post, regardless of the fact that there are no readers, probably never will be, we will have to see… I’m not too sure what to say either, I had a perfect idea earlier today, but that was earlier today, so I have forgotten now.

I have managed to acquire the discography of the Flaming Lips. Who are awesome, truly awesome. I saw them once, at a festival in Holland, I wasn’t even intoxicated at the time, it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen, he (the lead singer) got into this enormous see through plastic ball and walked across the crowd. There were confetti cannons going off, trumpets and massive light displays all around. It was like being in the light fantastic, it was great! But back to the main point, I find it really nice when you can listen through a bands music and see progression; the Beetles are a perfect example, if you listen to “with the Beetles” or “please please me” and then to “the white album” or “abbey road” then you can really see how they have evolved and changed. Its true with Radiohead too, they have really grown from what they used to be, and it’s really pleasant to hear how. The Flaming Lips do this too, they are all rough and messy in the start but now they are smooth and interesting, grown up you could say.

I love music.

No comments:

Post a Comment